allU.S. is a member of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). As an allU.S. Credit Union customer, your deposits are insured by the NCUA up to $250,000 per depositor, for each account ownership category.
Maximizing NCUA Insurance - Know the facts. With a combination of accounts, you could be covered for more than $250,000.
What are the basic NCUA coverage limits?*
- Joint Ownership Accounts (two or more persons with no beneficiaries): $250,000 per owner (with the primary owner a member of the credit union).
- IRAs and other certain retirement accounts: $250,000 per member-owner.
- Revocable trust accounts: Each member-owner is insured up to $250,000 for each eligible beneficiary named or identified in the revocable trust, subject to limitations and requirements.
- Irrevocable trust accounts: Each owner (so long as all owners OR all beneficiaries are members of the credit union) is insured up to $250,000 for each eligible beneficiary named or identified in the irrevocable trust, subject to specific limitations and requirements. Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, formerly education IRAs, are insured as irrevocable trust accounts.
- A qualifying eligible beneficiary must be a natural person, or a charitable organization or non-profit entity under the Internal Revenue Code.
*These share insurance coverage limits refer to the total of all shares that account owners have at each federally insured credit union. The listing above shows only the most common ownership types that apply to individual and family shares, and assumes that all NCUA requirements are met.
Calculate your coverage with the NCUAs deposit calculator .
An example of making the most of NCUA coverage:
|No Penalty CD
|John and Mary Doe||None||$500,000|
Raise Your Rate CD - POD
|John Doe||Jane Doe||$250,000|
|High Yield CD
|Mary Doe||John Doe Jr.||$250,000|
|FDIC Insured Total:||$2,000,000|