allU.S. Credit Union Transfer Checklist
Below is a simple way to organize the "change over" process from your old account to your new allU.S. Credit Union account.
- Be sure that all checks have cleared on your old account.
- Are there enough funds available in your old account to cover any automatic payments to be withdrawn?
- Send written authorization to set up direct deposit with any new companies or individuals.
- Send written change authorization to the companies you already have direct deposit set up with (payroll, social security, etc.) notifying them that you now want your direct deposits to go to allU.S. Credit Union.
- Send stop auto payment form to companies who automatically take payments from your checking account (for utilities, insurance, credit cards, internet service providers, banks, etc.) to let them know you are closing the account.
- Send auto payment transfer form to companies who you want to continue to generate automatic withdrawals notifying them of your new account information at allU.S. Credit Union.
- Send auto payment authorization form to start a new automatic payment.
- Send close account form to your old financial institution informing them that you are closing your account.
- Do not forget to check any maturity dates if transferring any Certificate of Deposit to avoid possible penalties or delays.
- Please be sure to sign up for allU.S. Credit Union Online Banking, and free Bill Payment services.